John Pilger is a renowned investigative journalist and documentary film-maker. He is one of only two to have twice won British journalism’s top award; his documentaries have won academy awards in both the UK and the US.
Pilger is an Australian journalist based in London. Since his early years as a war correspondent in Vietnam, he has been a strong critic of American, Australian and British foreign policy, which he considers to be driven by an imperialist agenda.
In a New Statesman survey of the 50 heroes of our time, he came fourth behind Aung San Suu Kyi and Nelson Mandela.
“John Pilger,” wrote Harold Pinter, “unearths, with steely attention facts, the filthy truth. I salute him.”
- Palestine is Still the Issue
- War By Other Means
- Flying the Flag: Arming the World
- The Truth Game
- Apartheid Did Not Die
- Inside Burma: Land of Fear
- The War on Democracy
- Welcome to Australia
- Julian Assange In Conversation With John Pilger
- Breaking The Silence: Truth and Lies in the War On Terror
- Stealing a Nation
- Death of a Nation: The Timor Conspiracy
- Year Zero: The Silent Death of Cambodia
- The New Rulers of the World
- Paying the Price: Killing the Children of Iraq
- Mr. Nixon’s Secret Legacy 
- The War you don’t see
And a more recent interesting speech on Obama and Empire